Average weather on Kythera
Some annual facts about the average weather on Kythira island.
- From May until end of September there is very little rain
- The warmest months are July and August.
- December and January are the months with the most rainfall
- Winter (December until Mid march) is generally mild but sometimes it can be cold with strong winds. On very cold nights the temperature can drop to around 0 °C. Snow is very rare.
- Springs is mild and sunny. It can be fresh because of winds from the mainland.
- Summer is warm and sunny but because of a nice breeze from the North-East (the Meltemi wind) it is seldom extremely warm. Temperatures close to 40 °C are very rare.
- Autumn is mild. Until end of November the weather generally is very pleasant, with many sunny days and now and them some rain.